Guidelines specific to the representation and promotion of affiliate partner games.
Icons are used across the site to represent the game.
The most effective icons show a strong subject - usually a character from the game - with good contrast to its background. Use drop-shadows and glows carefully. When reducing asset images reduce by 25%, 50% or 75% where possible to maintain pixel clarity and avoid blurring. Working with Smart Objects is advisable.
Wherever possible, focus on character rather than weapons or props.
- All icons should be jpg files.
|Unit||Dimension||Source file||Published File||Sample|
This icon will appear in a rotating scroller, so the logo should be placed in the top third of the image or it will be cut off - please see layout below under General Notes.
- Please provide psd source files with clearly-labelled layers.
- Please output jpg files using “Save for Web” at no more than 80%.
- Watch out for key content in top left corner of the 150x110 as we use a ‘new’ tag to indicate new games, which may cover it.
- No key content should go in the bottom quarter of the 444x287 in order to avoid it being lost by the scroller overlay.
- The icon in the scroller is the 150x110.
Example of appearance on the site
Used around the site to bring attention to a game or promotion.
- All banner ads should be jpg files.
MMO/Affiliate Partner games will need to provide a 1010x400 “Carousel” image.
Carousel format should not have any key content in the bottom left or right third of the image.
A Play button and game description will be automatically in this area when in the scroller.
- Push ads should NOT have a play button.
- The Social banner is used on Facebook; the rest display on the Miniclip website.
- Make sure that all Banners/ Push Ads are processed in “Save for web” at no more than 80%.
- Working with smart objects is advisable.
Example of appearance on the site
Skins for the website that add a festive look for seasonal or other special events. Also used to promote high-profile game releases, upon agreement.
- Maximum file weight is 140kb
- The takeover header (above the site body) is 135 pixels high, with an 20px margin at the top where the header overlaps.
- Logos and buttons should not go in the top margin or they will be cut off
- The body of the Miniclip site is 1012 pixels wide. Any content intended to be visible to the left or right of the site body should be included outside of this area.
- Aim to fit any key information and assets within the confines of the 1024x768 guide provided within the takeover template.
- Total width should be 1600px with 160 bleed on each side, beyond the gutter width of 1024.
- In all cases the maximum weight of the background image file will be limited to 140kb, regardless of subsequent image quality. Optimize whenever possible.
- Remember that only around 25% of our users have a widescreen monitors. Therefore the main information and call to action should be placed in the header and NOT in beyond the 1024 gutter. This will ensure all our users will see your message and click on the CTA in the clickable area.
- The asset should vignette/gradient to a hexadecimal reference colour at the bottom and sides. This should be provided to your Miniclip contact.
- JPG: 1600x768 name-takeover.jpg
- PSD: name-takeover.psd
- Files for any font used
- Large PNG of additional textures or illustrations created as part of final artwork
- Large png and layered psd/ai files of any logos created
Example of takeover